Sunday, October 16, 2011

Trick or EEK! Halloween Mantel Decoration

Hi everyone, today I wanted to share with you a Halloween decorating project  I did for the Cricut Circle Blog magazine Challenge.  I used Happy Hauntings, Lacy Labels, and Wall Decor and More. 

I bought some cheap picture frames and M's and using my Gypsy and my Expression, cut the frame for the large picture.  I had to piece it together.  Using Happy Hauntings, I cut the skeleton heads to fill in the blanks around the frame. 

I saw the idea for the glow in the dark eyes on the Martha Stewart website.  I used my expression and cut the eyes, traced around them on the glass with glue and added glitter.  After that dried, I added glow in the dark glitter for the whites. I repeated this for the smaller frame


I bought some cheap nested paper mache coffins at M's and covered the largest with Hocus Pocus from Pink Paislee.  I cut the bats and skeleton using my expression.  I glittered the little bat bodies and the skeleton.


The rat is a dollar store find, and what a find it was.  It Squeeks, an added bonus.  It drives the dog wild. 

I cut the bats in various sizes and used pink rhinestones for their little beady eyes. 


Lacy labes was used for the banner for the circle and the green scalloped backing.  I used Happy Hauntings for the font.  I love this font, this is the first time I used it. 

The spidey cut was great. 




Here is an up close of the coffin

Thanks so much for stopping by today, Beth.

6 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow!!! Look at this it is spookalicous! Love it.

Shari said...

Wow!! That is incredible! Fabulous job.

Scrappin Dhilly said...

That is amazing! Beautiful decor!

Michele said...

I love it. It is fantastic.

Faye's Crafti Corner said...

How frightfully festive.

Cindy said...

Wow, great Halloween decorations.