Monday, March 14, 2011

Hi everyone today I am a guest designer on The Bug Bytes.  I thought I was due to be the guest designer on the Bug Bytes TOMORROW, but when I looked at the Google calendar today at work, it was uh oh,  I was supposed to post today, my apologies to Pam.  I have been working on this project off and on for 2 weeks. I have been working on an album from following Laura Denison and her blog Following the Paper trail.  She used the really cool Punky Sprouts album to make a Victorian album with lots of pockets.  She does a Ustream ever Friday night and Sat morning and I have been following along.  The problem is, is that I did not have the Punky Sprouts album, nor did I have any of the supplies she used.  So I used my Gypsy, cricut and the supplies I did have to make this project. I started with George and and created an oval that was  11x8.5.



I cut this as a template from paper, cut it in half and then cut a piece of canvas from half of the oval.



I used this as the cover for the album.


I then used From my Kitchen and created the tabbed pages that were 8.5 x 5.




I cut 4 each from thin chipboard and glued 2 of them together to create the base for each page.


Using the paper stack I did have (K&Co. Life's Journey), I also cut cardstock to cover the chipboard.  At this point my album consist of 6 pages, 2 canvas, 1 for the cover and 1 for inside, and 4 tabbed pages.


Here it is decorated.

I followed her instructions to create the special page pockets and acrylic tag.  I didn't have any of the envelopes she used for the special pockets, so those were made from scratch using my Martha Stewart score board.



Acrylic Tag below.




I did not have the Tim Holtz filmstrip die that Laura Denison used, so I created one with my Gypsy.



Here is the page decorated with it.

The post card was created by stamping  my Penny Black postcard stamp on a piece of printed cardstock.
This album isn't quite finished yet, but I am having so much fun making it.  I was really apprehensive using this as my project this week, because it wasn't my own idea, but since I came up with the cut file for the album, the film strip cut, and basically made all of the other embellishments including the flowers on my own, I am hoping everyone won't mind me posting it.


Thanks Pam for having me as a guest designer.  I am really sorry this is late.  I was sure it wasn't due until tomorrow, and if you get a chance, check out the USTREAM Video's Laura Denison does every week.  They are very very Inspiring.


Beth.

2 comments:

mmup57 said...

Beth,
Thanks for sharing. I don't think anyone will mind you posting since you gave the original artist the credit. I make albums and mini albums for family and friends and "case" ideas I have seen on the internet. Now I am going to "case" your filmstrip onto my gypsy!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is such a wonderful little mini album. Love the colors and all the detail you did on it. TFS