Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Quick Card

Hi everyone, I wanted to share with you a quick card I made using a couple of stamps from Hero Arts(my favorite stamp co.), a Martha Stewart punch, Assort cardstock, Promarkers, and some ribbon I made using Glimmer mist and rayon seam binding.

I stamped a white piece of cartstock using a background stamp and distress ink in vintage photo.  I inked the edges, punched the bottom with a MS punch and adhered to a blue piece of carstock that I also punched with the same punch.  I then stamped the flower on top.  I also stamped the flower on a white piece of cardstock, colored with promarkers and cut out the flower and the leaves.  I pop dotted that over the stamped flower.  I adhered that to a printed piece of blue cardstock.  Off to the side I adhered another piece of plain blue cardstock that I stamped a swirl on, punched with the MS punch.  I tied the ribbon around it I made.  To make the ribbon, I started with a white piece of 1/2" seam binding made out of rayon, about 3 feet long.  I put in a plastic bowl and sprayed with glimmer mist.  I scrunched up the ribbon and left to dry in the bowl over night.  To finish the card I took 3 addnl Hero arts stamps, stamped on white, colored, cut out, and pop dotted to the lower edge of the card.


2 comments:

Cricut Couple said...

Hee! Hee! Don't look that simple to me... I would have to call it gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing! Love it!!!

Summer said...

beautiful and LOVE the background stamp you used!