Thursday, October 28, 2010

From Christmas to Halloween.

Hi everyone, today I am the guest designer on Tuesday Treats  This is my first time being a Guest Designer on Tuesday Treats, so I am a little nervous.  Today I used my Gypsy to create a lace style Halloween picture.  I used the Carts George(of coarse) and October 31st.  I really like this cart and have used it a lot lately.

I welded the spooky house, tree, and cloud with lightning together to create the below cut.


I positioned the cloud with lightning off of the page, so you can't even tell what it is by looking at the cut above.  I was going for the effect of Spooky House on a Spooky hill.

Then I reversed cut the "moon" circle from George out of a yellow background cardstock.



To get the background of the house, I selected the house again, and sized it exactly the same size as the first house I welded and using Hide Contour(I love love love this feature), hid all of the contours on the house that I did not want to cut.
 

I glued this directly to the back of the black welded house.


Finally I glued a piece of vellum to the back of the moon cut, and then attached a piece of yellow cardstock to the back of the vellum.



Even if you are not a fan of Halloween, I hope this has insprired you to get your Gypsy out and do some welding and hide contour.

Cut file is available under the cut file tab.  Entitled Spooky Picture.

Until the next time, Beth.

2 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Beth this is beautiful and so spooky looking. I know I wouldn't want to be waling down that street!

LorraineB said...

How creative. I love what you did with welding several different items together. You have inspired me to give it a try. Thanks! LorraineB