Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Purse/Gift Bag


Hi everyone, today I am a guest designer on  The Bug Bytes.  This is my first time posting on the Bug Bytes, and to say the least I am very excited.  A big shout out to Pam for allowing my to design for her blog.  Thanks Pam, sorry I missed posting the first time.  My project for today is another purse made entirely from George and my Gypsy.  I am going to warn everyone this is pic heavy.

I started by creating the file in my Gypsy.
Then I chose 3 different colors of card stock, one for the purse, 1 for the out side of purse, and 1 for the handles.





I cut out all images.



This piece was cut as one and then I cut it in two pieces and attached one to each side of the purse.


I also cut the handles and attached, see pic above.
Then I scored the purse.


The side pieces were cut from the cricut and then cut in two pieces.
These were scored also.
I glued the sides to the bottom. 



Before I glued the sides to the purse, I took ribbon and pleated it.  I made enough pleated ribbon for across the front of the purse, and the purse straps.


Sew it across the front of the purse



I glued the sides to the front and back of the purse.
I attached the straps to the handles using hot glue and then attached buttons.

I cut 3 flower sets from the cricut but only used 2 gluing them to the front of the purse.



Here is the completed Purse again.

Thanks for sharing this project with me.  I have the gypsy file available under Cut file tab.

Once again thanks Pam,

Beth.

1 comment:

papillon digital design said...

awesome purse. I especially like the frilled ribbon and the flowers. So cute. and you did the sewing too. I still have to break out my mini janome.