Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hi everyone, today I am a guest designer on shesassylady, and I wanted to share with you a quick card I made using Victorian Romance, Sugar and Spice, and Martha Stewart Seasonal cartridges.

 I started with pink cardstock that I cut 10x6 and then folded to make a card 6" wide x 5" tall.  I then took Lost and Found paper and cut the scalloped rectangle sized to 5.5"x4.5" using Sugar and Spice.  Using pink glitter paper, I cut the rosette part of the ribbon from Martha Stewart Seasonal sizing it to 3.75".  


Finally, I used the new Victorian Romance cart, and chose the scallop hearts and sized 10 to approx 1.5" and cut them from another piece of Lost and Found paper.  I took 5 and stacked together and sewed down the middle, and did the same with the other 5.  The pic above shows a 3rd heart that I did not end up using in the card.

I had some Valentine themed die cuts that I got from K&Co last year and cut the cherubs legs off below the ribbon so she would fit on my card..

I layered everthing together, placing a heart shaped doily, and pop dotting the cherub on the scallop glitter cut.  Added some ribbon, and fanned out the hearts.
Here is another pic of the finished card.

Thanks Sheila for having me as a guest designer, I love being a sassy lady.

Beth

3 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Beth, this card is just BEAUTIFUL, love the detail and those hearts are just awesome. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Cricut Couple said...

Beth, this is just stunning! As always! The detail is amazing and I really love those hearts!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card...
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the hearts...
Great idea!!
(and inspiration too)
Weezie13 from the Cricut Message Boards...