Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pinwheel Quilt Layout



Hi everyone, today I am a guest designer on The Bug Bytes.  As some of you know I love quilts, all kinds of quilts.  I love making them, seeing them in quilt shows, etc.   I love the intricate stitching of hand quilted quilts, and the beautiful designs of machine quilted quilts.  One of my favorite quilt patterns is the pinwheel.  I picked a quilt up at an auction several years ago that had a white background and colorful pinwheels all over it.  I used this quilt as my inspiration for a scrapbook layout I made of my daughter's first day of school.


I started with a triangle on my gypsy, and skewed it so the length was more then the height.  I then copied it and placed it in a pinwheel pattern, grouped that and copied it  8 more times. The original pinwheel itself was a little less the 3 1/4" when it was grouped, so I ended up with 9 3 1/4" pinwheels on my gypsy. I then cut it out of a off white piece of cardstock.  I then chose 9 different brightly colored pieces of card stock cut to 3 1/4" x 3 1/4",  and glued them behind the pinwheel cut outs.






Using the Wall Decor and More Cart I cut the clothes line by approx 7 1/4 x 1 1/2 both the shadow and the clothes, inked them, and layered it with pop dots.





Using the Bloom lite cart I cut the Gate and the fences at approx 4" tall along with the shadow and the flowers, inked the images, and pop dotted it to the background.


Here is the finished Layout.  I layered my 4x6 pic on a 4 1/4 x 6 1/4" cardstock, and then layered that onto another one.



Thanks Pam for having me as a guest designer this week.
Beth

No comments: