Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Guest Designer on Shesasassylady Today!

Hi everyone,today I am a guest designer on Shesasassylady.  Earlier this week I showed you on my blog how I made Tim Holtz inspired rosettes, and said I would be posting a project made with them later in the week.  Well here is the project.

It is a banner with the word inspire on it.  To make this banner you will need:

Country Life Cart
Any Cart with a scallop circle, I used Straight from the nest
TBBM for the rosettes
any cart with a pleasing font, I used Base Camp
Assorted Cardstock
an Eiffel Tower cut, I used the sizzix die(gasp) for the Eiffel Tower and my cuttlebug
Glitter
Ribbon
Hole punch
assorted bling
Glue of choice, I used my Pink ATG, my low temp melt hot glue gun, and my xyron both the sticker maker and the 500
From Country Life, I cut 7 banners at 6" tall from the red polka dot cardstock. I also cut 7 banners at 5" tall from the printed  Kraft cardstock.  Adhere the kraft on top of the polka dot cardstock.



Using the red cardstock cut 7 scalloped circles at 2".  I used SFTN to do this.

I then cut the words INSPIRE in lower case letters from Base Camp at 1.75" tall.  Putting them face down in my sticker maker, I adhere glue to the front side of the letters.(see pic)


Then I applied gold glitter the the sticky side of the letters so they would be nice and shiney. 

I have a video on my blog that shows you how to make the rosettes, along with a free cut file to make them.  You can get that Here.

 Below are 2 pics of the rosettes in progress.






After you have 7 rosettes made, attach the scalloped circles using hot glue on top of them, then attach the letters on top of the scallop circles.

I took my sizzix die of the Eiffel tower and cut out 8. I attached two together so I ended up with 7 Eiffel Towers.  I ran then through my xyron and glittered them like I did the letters.






I added assorted bling and sentiments to the Eiffel Tower cuts after they were glittered, tied ribbon through holes punched in the cuts, and strung every thing on ribbon, and hung up.








If I had it to do over again, I would have used a lighter glitter on the letters, they kind of blend in with the scallop background and you can't see them too well.

I hope this "inspired" you to create this banner.  I have been making a lot of these banners lately and hanging them up.  They really do add something to the room.  If you get busy today, you could have one done in time for Thanksgiving.  Speaking of Thanksgiving.  Everyone have a wonderful Turkey day tomorrow, and don't eat too much.

Thanks Sheila for having me as a guest designer.
Beth.

No comments: