Sunday, October 10, 2010

Circle Weekly Challenge #2 Think Pink





Super Simple, Super cute.  The circle blog is have their #2 challenge this week.  The rules are, you must use 2 cuts, and 3 of the following, Pink, Ruffles, Scallops, Flourishes, Glitter and Jewels.  I saw this card in the Oct issue of Paper Crafts magazine and thought I would recreate it using my Gypsy, George and my Cricut.  I created the card using an oval and a square from George, welded it and cut it out.  I then folded it exactly in 2 and creased with my bone folder.  I trimmed of the bottom of the ovals to make the card flat on the bottom.  I cut an addnl oval the same size as the one in the dress in pink and added it to the bottom of the dress.  I trimmed the pink oval off at the same place as the card.  I then cut several graduated flower shapes, crinkled and glued together for the flower at the top of the dress.  Using Ribbon and Paper studio buckle sliders I purchased at Hobby Lobby, I created the belt on the dress.  I attached ruffles at the bottom and it's done.  All I need to do is stamp a sentiment in the card and it makes a very cute card to give away to some special lady.  Below are several addnl pics of the card.  I just figured out that my camera will take pics in sketch mode, so I included one of those.  I thought it looked pretty cool.  Hope you enjoy the card.  Under cut files, is the gypsy file for this card Shapely Card.

See ya soon, Beth.

6 comments:

flowerdisco said...

your card is very pretty....good luck!

MsJay said...

Very pretty card.

Jana Eubank said...

So clever! Love it!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Beatuiful card I just love it! TFS

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

I love the ruffle on the skirt. Great card!

Julie K said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love it!