Sunday, May 2, 2010

Today

Thought I would post quickly about my day.
Today started out very early, you see my husband likes to hunt, and turkey season is open in Indiana. He has never hunted turkeys before this year and was quite happy to try for the first time. Well today he got one. So in the hubbub over the turkey, I was woke up earlier then usual for a Sunday morning. I do not like the taste of wild game, and he is always trying to get me to eat it. I have been told that wild turkey is excellent and now have one in my freezer.(It better by good as much as I have heard about it:))


Today I tried to cut fondant for the first time on my Cricut Expression. I have been wanting to do this for over a year and finally got brave enough to try. I moved the rubber rollers off to the side, wiped it down thoroughly with soap, got my new cake mats out, rolled my fondant as thin as I could, and cut with my deep cut blade housing. The first time I started too close to the edge and it pulled up the fondant, but the second time, I started the blade further from the edge and it did not cut too bad. I actually got an image I could use on a cake had I baked one. This was just an experiment, but it has encouraged me to try again. Unlike some of my endeavors, this one was not a total flop.


Today I finally got my blog fixed so the butterfly's wing is showing instead of being covered up by the middle columns. I have no idea how I did it. I was creating a background from scratch using Paint.net, and in trying to post my new background, my old one fixed itself. So I am going to leave well enough alone for awhile and stick to the butterfly background.


Today I made one of two window boxes for the front of the house. My old ones were up so long they rotted out, and I needed new ones for this year. So one is done, but I ran out of wood and have to wait for a trip to Lowes before I can finish the other one.


Today I jumped on the trampoline with my daughter. She is very young and I am very old, or at least I feel like it most days, but she always persuades me to jump with her.


Today I rode my mare. You see she has been quite a challenge for me. I have worked very hard on getting her to be a good show horse and she is very stubborn, more so then any horse I have every ridden, but she is coming along and trying, kind of. Maybe by the end of this year it will all come together. Showing horses is the most challenging thing I have ever done. Unlike most sports where it's you trying to do your best, you have another partner that needs to practice with your everyday, and sometimes that partner doesn't always do what you want them to, but when they do, there is no better feeling in the world.


Today I got a blog award from Shesasassylady. See pic below. Thanks Sheila. Where would I like to be in 10 years? Right here posting away, and maybe having a little more time to get things done. Time just goes by so fast anymore. Thanks again Sheila, I really appreciate it. Check out her blog by clicking the link above, when you get a minute, she has some great ideas, and great instructions, I love her layouts.





Well it's getting late, and I have a Stephen King book I am trying to finish, Goodnight everyone.


Beth

No comments: