Sunday, May 23, 2010

Busy week and weekend!

I am sorry I haven't posted any cool projects lately, I have been busy getting ready for the garden tour and I had a horse show this weekend.  So far in my garden I have planted 14 flats of flowers, and I think I still need at least another 5 flats.  I am almost done with that and I am hoping to get back into cricut crafting.  That's not to say I haven't been shopping, oh no....  My Cricut Cake machine came on Friday, and the most I have done is open the box and check out all of the contents.  I can't wait to play with it.  I also purchased in the last week, Give a Hoot, Summer Vacation, Summer in Paris, and Hello Kitty cricut cartridges.  So I have been busy, BUSY SPENDING MONEY.

With all of my supplies I bought, you'd think I would be able to make something really cool, but I have to be in the right frame of mind, and have a block of time of about 4 hours to get started.  Right now I am experiencing crafter's block, a dreaded affliction that everyone of us has had at least once.

I went to a one day horse show yesterday, and last week during the evening, I either, clipped horses, bathed horses, or cleaned out horse's stalls so they wouldn't get dirty after I bathed them.  As it turned out. I bathed my mare and had her tied in the corner so she wouldn't roll in her stall, fed her grain, untied her so she could eat her hay, went to get her hay, and when I got back, not 1 minute later, she was rolling in her stall.  She is a pinto and it took me at least an hour to bathe her to get her clean.  To say I wasn't happy with her was an understatement. But there was nothing I could do about it except dust her off.  I did go get a horse blanket and a thing called a slinky that is made of lycra that has eye, ear and a nose hole that goes over the horses head and covers there head and neck entirely.  I put the slinky and the blanket on her, and when I was done she looked like fearless fly and the Michelin tire man all rolled into one.  I told her if she wouldn't have rolled, she have to where all those clothes overnight.  That'll teach her.

I have some ideas of projects I want to do, and I promise dear reader I will get to them and post.

Thanks for being patient with me.

Beth

No comments: